Sunday, May 15, 2011

Successful Spontaneity

My girls and I slept in until the 9:00 hour Saturday. We then received an invitation to go out on the boat for lunch. After some discussion and thought, I sprung into action to get kids fed, everyone dressed and sunny weather-ready, and bags packed for all conditions. After some miscommunication and detail- making, we were on our way to Boca. First trip for both girls!


I was a little worried about Rea. I actually thought she might get bored on the boat after the newness wore off. Boy, was I wrong! She loved it!!!!



Sticking her feet in like daddy and chowing down on fried chicken. (Another first for her!)


We stopped at a little island where we made sand castles without any tools, chatted, laughed, and observed crabs.


Mis finally getting a few minutes of uninterrupted RJ time.


Littlest was excellent on her boating adventure. We had to outrun a pretty good storm which was hairy, but kinda funny at the time. We ventured further on Boca for dinner because some of the island was without power from the storm. This the view from the restaurant after dinner.


Rea just couldn't get enough of the beach or of Mis. She didn't want to stop playing...even after being engulfed by a wave.


Although there were 100 things I could have worked on here at the house with my husbands help, the change of scenery and pace was good. It was a lot of work, but we made a lot of memories. What a beautiful place to enjoy my beautiful family and "friends".

2 comments:

Kim said...

Looks so fabulous! Love it! The things I forget I'm missing up here. Warmth, sunshine, and boat rides:)

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.