
At 7 weeks, I'm packing up newborn clothes already. :(
I let big little play in the rain a bit.

(wondering if I should post this picture or not)
I do not think the picture below is a result of the picture above.
After a couple bouts with coughing and wheezing, being exposed to pneumonia, and having an almost 7 week old, I took Rea to dad's walk in clinic. Lungs were clear. I put the humidifier in her room and continued with vitamins.

Ok experience. No crying. Too interested in TV. Still hates to have her ears messed with. Weighs 28 pounds.
I'm documenting my thoughts on this next topic so I can look back in 5 years and see how different I may or may not operate.
Overwhelmed. I so often feel overwhelmed...before and after kids. I want to get so much done right now, right away, and do it at 110%. I have learned that its worse when I'm tired. I want our life to be a certain way for JMA. He helps a lot when he's home, but I wish he didn't have to. (I just spent time listing all the items on my on-going list...then started to get overwhelmed with the fact that I kept thinking of things and can't get it all done...ridiculous!) . I want to check it all off the list...just once! Or at least get it under control!
Two major issues...1) I thrive on productivity. I put an unhealthy importance on what I "check off" that day. 2) I have unrealistic expectations of myself during this season.
JMA's response, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."
He's right, of course! So, just about every moment of every day, I'm choosing to prioritize, focus on the one task, and give God my thoughts on all the other things. He knows the desires of my heart and I trust him with that. I do a lot of praying about this throughout the day when the "feeling" comes on. There are a few things that MUST get done and the rest will wait. One of which is my time doing Bible study. For the first time in my life, I have made this a priority. My prayer is to always hunger and thirst for His Word, his presence...to crave it!
Why do most nursing tanks and bras have such wide, old lady straps??? Do they think everyone who nurses must have DDs???
We now doo-doo in the potty well, but now we're working on starting and finishing #1 in the potty.
This feeding is over...must get back to things.



2 comments:
Absolutely love this post! Such a true picture of life. :)
I too packed up newborn diapers and jammies :( but have been too busy to post about it!
Wow. Great transitions between paragraphs. Crave His word; crave a new bra strap!
Vitamins. Funny story, I had a sister once who mentioned something about vitamins. You might know her.
Post a Comment