Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This and that...

1. Round 4 ? of the blood work this morning...had the same long haired lady from last time....thought I would give her another chance...bad idea! She did the same thing as last time...poked the needle in my arm and moved it around to get to the vein...then pulled it out because she couldn't get it. Tried the other arm...like below the crease in your arm...pain was going down my arm. (Grateful she didn't have to resort to my hand again!) I walked out with two large bandage things and she tells me "not to scare the other patients". What?!? Hopefully this will be the last for now.

2. Park time with Rea in her NEW SHOES. Why do tennis shoes with laces make her look older? Like really older. It was about time we stepped up in our shoe wearing. Someone had a wagon there and all she wanted to do was ride in it. She LOVES ALL things with wheels...wagons, scooters, bikes, etc! A birthday must I think.

3. Business meeting tonight over pizza and salad...dreams, goals, plans, details, etc.

4. We booked our tickets to Alaska last week! Huge YAY! After reading my cousin's post about her little ones' first plane ride, I've decided to change our seats from a middle and an aisle seat across the aisle from my rents to all three seats in one row and dad (or whoever) can be across the aisle. I think its a good idea to have a window view as an option for Rea. Now we have to decide whether we haul her car seat with us or use the rental company's. :(

5. I have a LOVE ~ HATE relationship with my (our) email account. I love getting new messages, but a new message also means I need to respond or do something...another thing to do. The inbox has been quiet today and it is making me happy. It's easier to maintain after my recent spring cleaning.

6. I'm on top of a lot of things in life...this makes me happy. I have a suspicious feeling its a result from recent re-prioritizing that's been going on. I better get back to things before I have to take #6 back.

On the runnnnnnnnnn

Happy day!

4 comments:

Jon said...

I love it when my Google Reader pops up with another post from you. I love reading about our life from your perspective. I love you!

Grant and Sarah Schmeelk said...

Take the carseat! It isn't that big of a deal...however...I didn't take it because at the airport parking I couldn't get the carseat out...lol! But I did have our umbrella stroller (exact same one you have)...that is a must to push her around the airport.....you got to have it and then you check the stroller and the carseat at the gate and then you pick it right up when you land....it is so NICE and CONVENIENT! I look forward to hearing about Alaska! Oh...and the WINDOW....is an ABSOLUTE MUST! She needs the window....ha! Kids are free before the age of two....did you have to buy her a ticket for this trip?

Kim said...

1. Round 4? Wuff. Nurse. Wuff.
2. I'm telling you. She's basically a pre-teen. She just sprouted right up! What happened?!
3. I called. You ignored me. oops.
4. Yay for Alaska! But that is the opposite direction of Providence. Boo.
5. Are you referring to me? Is that a not so subtle hint that you appreciate the break from my email tirades? Sad. Looking for new friends now.
6. Way to go!

Becka said...

Thanks, love!

Cuz...alright...done deal...we're taking the seat! Thanks! No, did not buy her a ticket...did you guys?

Kim...to #4...soon!!!!.....to #5...NOOOO! More "business" type emails.