Wednesday, January 14, 2009

~CHRISTMAS DAY~

FINALLY...here's the scoop from our big day!

Here's the little face we woke up to. Her top says "My First Christmas". I didn't go to bed on Christmas Eve until 3:00 because I was cleaning the house up, cooking for the breakfast the next morning, gathering all our stuff we had to take the next day, etc. Even after me staying up that late, we still had to rush around to get everything ready because we had to be at the D & J Adams' by 8:30. Rea needed a bath because I wanted her fresh as can be for the special day...she didn't get a bath the night before because we were up so late doing family stuff and she passed out. Jon and I had to get ready of course. I had to make monkey bread and I ALWAYS have a hard time getting it cooked all the way. We finally got there, but we were late. :( It wasn't the ideal way to start Christmas day, but that's real life. (I am committed to blog about the good and the bad.)


After our breakfast, we gathered in the living room and the kid's started opening gifts. We have a fabulous basket system where each kid gets their own basket to keep their presents together. It works so well! I highly recommend it. In fact, I'm implementing it next year for the Bray family.


Carson is a Cars freak! He got several pieces of Cars clothing and wanted to put them all on and so he did...piece on top of piece.

See...here are Anna & Aleah in front of their baskets. Dreamy trying on a pair of jammies!
We were briefly flashed by her cute hiney.
Too much Christmas for Addie.
Kels & Al had to leave to spend some time with Al's family and Curt, Kara, & the boys had to leave to go pick up Curt's brother from the airport. This was the first year in some time that we didn't have to run off. It was so wonderful to hang around, munch on breakfast leftovers, visit, etc. Some kids watched a movie and others took naps.

Looks like she likes Christmas already.


Jon and Dreamy have always been buds!

We packed ourselves up and headed out. We went home to do our Christmas with Rea. We each got Rea a couple of things and the other parent was to be surprised. Jon got her several adorable outfits and I got a wall thing/plaque for her room that says "My prince already came his name is daddy."

First Christmas as a little fam!!

That's the little wall thing in the background.
Then the adult Bray family came back over and we watched a comedian. It was so relaxing and a nice way to end a great day. Here's the crew!



1 comment:

Grant and Sarah Schmeelk said...

First off...I LOVE MONKEY BREAD! Do you remember always having that at Grandmommy's? We actaully have that every Christmas morning also...but Mom still makes it...and Hannah helps....it was so good this past time. Love all the updates.....I think our Christmas will be even more exciting next year with the 2 little ones....I can't wait. Grant and I just need to figure out the Christmas schedule though. We bounce around to both families on that day and it becomes exhausting and all Iw ant to do is be with the Bodie family the whole time....sigh! :( Well Rae is growing so fast....Braylen is too....she is now 4 months...she goes for her docs appt on Monday...yay!