Sunday, March 20th (4 days before due date)...we went to church, to Publix, them home for lunch. Still feeling "normal".
I put RCA down for a nap, JMA went to play raquetball, and I decided to take a nap. JMA went for a run when he got home and I started planning dinner.
Around 6:00, JMA took RCA out to play in the sprinklers and I began making 6:30 dinner plans with girlfriends. I went to the bathroom and my water broke, but I didn't see this happen with RCA, so I wasn't sure that was exactly what was happening.
At 6:07, I texted my girlfriend about taking a raincheck on dinner because I wasn't sure what was happening and didn't think I could be there at 6:30. A contraction or two came at this time and I texted my mom to come get Rea "in an hour".
Around 6:20, I asked JMA to clean up and head inside soon because I thought I was in labor.
Around 6:30, he came in and I asked him to have my mom come get RCA right then. He timed several contractions and they were 2 minutes apart.
At 6:39, he called his cousin, Ami, who is a L & D nurse and was very helpful when I had RCA, to come over. I decided to stand in the shower for a change of "scenery". I had been pacing the bathroom mostly up to this point.
While I was in the shower, JMA showered and packed his bag. When he came back, I said I felt like I needed to push.
At some point during this time, my parents showed up and watched a movie with RCA downstairs.
At 6:54, Ami arrived and said we were going to have a baby now. She told JMA to call 911 for a transfer and in between me pushing, she called the hospital.
At 7:04, our little babe was born.
RJA and I were covered in towels when the paramedics arrived. They cut the cord, wrapped me in sheets and carried me downstairs. They had already taken RJA downstairs and my parents were able to see her.
They put me on a stretcher, handed little babe to me and took us to the ambulance...which included passing my neighbors standing along the sidewalk...lovely! :)
We got to the hospital, my midwife finished a few things, and got settled in a room. (Side note about my midwife...once at the hospital, we learned that she lives in the sister community right next to ours. She told us that she saw the ambulance and fire truck at my house when she was on her way to the hospital.)
So, that is how our 8 lbs, 19 in. baby girl arrived! It certainly wasn't our plan, but we are so glad she's here.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



5 comments:
So wonderful and amazing. What a story for your little "wild woman" to carry through life. God is so good and I am so happy you had a quick and safe delivery. RJA is beautiful. Well done mama!
This brought a few tears to my eyes :) God is so good. glad you had a short labor and everyone is well :) She is precious!
-Jess
What a crazy and amazing story! So glad you and baby are doing good! Congratulations!!
Amazing story. Congratulations you two.
You and the girl are adorable. However, if you have time to blog, please call your brother.
Post a Comment