Monday, March 14, 2011

Ready?

That's been the question from so many..."are you ready?"

My answer (in my head, at least)... "I don't know." How do you determine that? Can I really ever be ready for such a life changing event? I'm bringing a teeny tiny little person into a very big and often mean world. Eek! She is being lent to me for just a short while and I won't begin to take that responsibility lightly. There are huge plans for her life and I get the privilege to play an intricate role in that. Whoa! That is super cool and overwhelming all at once.

This will not only drastically change my life, but her daddy's too...change our marriage, change our lifestyle, change our family dynamic, change our perspective, etc. How does one get ready for that?

Reagan...talk about a change. Although she may very well not remember what life was like before this change, it will be life-altering. My heart's desire is for this to be the beginning of a precious, priceless friendship unlike any other between these girls. Are we ready for that?

So, I don't know and I'm ok with that. I have a peace. I rest in knowing that my Father...Immanuel, God with ME...is "ready". He's been ready!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Natalia said...

I am SO ready to meet her though. I totally understand exactly what you're feeling :) Praying for all 4 of you through this transition.