Monday, March 7, 2011

Quick Lesson

The other day while I was making dinner Rea grabbed a blanket off the couch and started dragging it around the house. She was pretending it was a train.

I quickly STARTED to say "I just washed that. Please put it back on the couch so it doesn't get dirty." As my mouth opened, I caught myself.

What is more important...her imagination and creative play or a blanket I can easily throw back in the wash? Does a clean and tidy blanket in it's proper place really matter?

Not right then.

I am so grateful for the quick lesson I learned that afternoon. I chose to live in THAT moment at that time.

Once the train ride was over, I gave Rea and her passenger a ride.



Then she used it to become a lion or a monster...not exactly sure, but it was growling.



I hope this is a first of many examples of a life lived without regrets.

2 comments:

Natalia said...

Way to go mama! Love the living in the moment. Such a great mama.

Kim said...

Great lesson. Thanks for sharing!