Things I learned while in Rhode Island...
*I should be using a container for food scraps to put in a compost pile.
*Their tap water tastes REALLY good.
*I use a lot of plastic and not that much glass.
*I shouldn't take my weekly recycling at the end of the driveway for granted.
*Dark colors are the only way to go in the fall.
*Garage door openers are not as common as I thought. (Do they even work on solid wood doors?)
*2 year olds from Florida enjoy shuffling their feet through piles of fallen leaves.
*I can fly alone with my 2 year old.
*Milk in a glass jar delivered to your back door taste fabulous!
*It can snow the first weekend in November.
*"Old" is relative. (Is that the right word?)
*Not everyone cleans their veggies before eating. :)
*Not everyone cleans their veggies before eating. :)
*I love how God pairs us with spouses that balance us so perfectly!
*Although the iPhone camera might be convenient, the pictures are sub par.
Events from our first day in Rhode Island...
Traveled during nap time...quickly losing control.
*Although the iPhone camera might be convenient, the pictures are sub par.
Events from our first day in Rhode Island...
Traveled during nap time...quickly losing control.

Fading...

Traveling wore her out.

No matter how big she gets...nothing is sweeter than watching her sleep. (Yes...she still has a pipe when she sleeps. Yes, she is too big for one. No, she will not have it forever.)

Doing this puzzle by herself.

Enjoyed Mr. Andrew. He was so good with her.


Day two.
First time blow drying my hair.



It was cold, but the change of scenery was good.


We visited a super cool farmer's market in an old mill. Loved it!


We walked around the corner from their house to a yummy pizza joint.

Rea and I tried our hand at some Wii playing.


Andrew (and Rea some) made a huge chocolate chip cookie in a pan(?) skillet(?)...not sure what to call it.

Delicious!

We ended the second night with pillow rides.





4 comments:
hahaha I LOVE these pics and lessons! So fun!
Some responses:
Compost containers smell, even though they have lids and filters when you don't empty them enough.
Our tap water IS really yummy:)
You have a toddler, plastic is totally understandable and probably necessary.
Garage door openers should be as common as you thought. So should automatic locks and automatic windows in cars:)
Wish you could get milk delivery! I googled it, not much luck:(
It CAN snow the first weekend in November! That's the only snow we've gotten this year!
Old is so relative! Right word.
hmmm...doesn't peeling carrots count for cleaning? I'll work on that...hopefully.
heheh...spouses...do I need balancing? Doubtful. Maybe he needs balancing. I bet that's what you meant.
Rea needs an iPad. It'll be easier on her eyes and better for developing her coordination skills.
Reagan was so funny climbing all over Mr Andrew! haha
He was such a good sport. And such a bad influence...pillow rides?!
I love some of these pics bc they give me the inside scoop...what does on behind closed doors! Blow drying hair. Cast iron skillet cookies poured on a stool!
hahaha love the last two pillows! He's so fun.
So glad you came!! Sorry it was cold for you FL gals. But hey, it was fall:) And, as of this week, we've got no leaves left. You came at a good time. Well, except they are all over the ground so that would make Reagan happy.
Shhh. I've been heaving fruits and veggies out in my yard. :/
GA's tap water was decent too, but not as good.
Actually, plastic is just around more...I think (down here at least) you have to search the glass containers out.
Anymore snow since said snow?
Yes, peeling does count for sure! I was thinking in your case for yoru organic foods...the washing would address the store/customer handling, shelf sitting, packaging, bagging, cashier, etc. germ collection. :)
NOOOOO! You are perfect...it's Andrew for sure that I was thinking about.
I think an iPad will be in our future. It was on an iPad that she bought the $100.00 worth of items in a game. :)
What is wrong with pillow rides???? She loves it! It's a great way to be active and keep little feet quiet.
haha straight into your yard?! That's awesome. Just make sure you don't attract the neighborhood rodents or raccoons to your yard.
Yes! We're still #1 with the water. Woohoo. Too bad, GA!
No more said snow:( It's the 2nd of December already! Boo. I keep checking weather.com for our 10 day forecast. Still nothing.
Hmmm...additional germs on organics. Good point. I wash potatoes, can I get two points for that? Any time I have an apple in my lunch at work I look at it, think about washing it and then realize I don't want to walk all the way across the office to a sink so I just bite into it. Maybe I should wash them all at home right away... Getting me to wash might be a lost cause until we have little feet running around and germ-protection on the mind:) Right now laziness rules. Maybe I should watch a special on all the germs on unwashed produce!
I figured Jon wouldn't be thrilled when she got home, threw all the pillows off your bed and laid on them on the ground waiting for a ride:)
Love you!
Yea...lol...open the back door and heave! Sometimes my arm is better than other times. I didn't even think about rodents...ewwww. I just thought little sweet birds would come enjoy a fresh feast of fruits and veggies. I better rethink my ghetto-ness.
Wow! No snow?? We have some pretty chilly temps rolling in this week, maybe we'll have some before you.
If you don't mind eating the traveling "stuff" on your fruit, then don't worry about your future children. A little germ/disease/funk never hurt anyone. :) I wash mine right before cutting or packing it in a lunch. You do many other things REALLY well...don't worry another minute about this one. :)
Rea does like to line the pillows up on the carpet. I am so glad she doesn't put them on our tile....they would be disgusting!!! Maybe its another way to mop.
Post a Comment