Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bedding for the Little Big Girl

We are...correction...I am starting to work on/think about Rea's new room. She will be moving to the old office in the next few months. Initially, we might move the crib in there to help her get used to the new room and all the other changes. (I've heard mixed comments on what works best.) The new little one won't need the crib for a bit, but I do want the room so her stuff will have its own space. Regardless of what bed RCA is in initially, the room needs to be painted and decorated before I move all her stuff in there. I'm not IN LOVE with anything in particular, so I'm starting to gather my thoughts and I thought I would post them here to get some feedback from some very loyal people...my readers. :)

I have resorted to online searching only....time does not allow for me to go store shopping (except I may make an exception and check out Marshall's). My days are filled with house, work, and church responsibilities. My weekends and evenings consist of being with my man...which doesn't mean visiting this type of store. Therefore, no time right now to "shop".

Pottery Barn and Land of Nod didn't have anything that grabbed my attention. The darker comforters are appealing because its very different from what she has now and would hide dirt/wear and tear. I want something middle of the road....not toddler and not too mature. NO characters whatsoever! The bold seem to be more fun right now than the pastels.

Some thoughts so far...

Brown with flowers
*Don't think I like the bright blue wall with it*\
*Curtain is mediocre.*


Brown with paisley & flowers
*Dirt cheap!*

*Would not use that curtain and those sheets are so-so."



Pinks with polka dots
*Too similar to the pink and green we have now???*
*Don't think I want a light pink room.*


Sweet birds on a QUILT
*Does every girl in America have this?*


Sweet birds on a COMFORTER


Brown with owls
*Sheets are mediocre and the little blue accent pillow is a no.*
*I like the items for the window....should keep sun out.*
*Mmmm...just noticed the peace sign. For a little girl???*

8 comments:

Cole said...

The 1st link doesn't work
Think the birds are a little creepy, plus I think I would get tired or looking at birds DO like the quilt better than the comforter though
Love the pink with dots it may be similar but it's very Rea...don't like the curtains BUT the "lucie" curtains match and are cute...don't like the pink room BUT the lime green or creamsicle orange would be cute options for the bottom half and then you can paint the top something less shocking....

Anonymous said...

How fun! I can't wait to decorate a room for my sweet baby girl!!
Unlike your first reader, I'm a fan of the birds! But, you may be right about it being pretty popular!
I do agree that there are a ton of other colors in that one bedding set so that you wouldn't have to choose the light pink for the walls - the green in the fabric would be really cute instead of the bubblegum pink! Can't wait to see what you choose for both of your baby girls!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cole, I love the pink wth polka dots. Totally agree with the pink thing too. There are a lot of colors you could use to paint the walls, it doesn't have to be pink.
-Jess

Natalia said...

I love the brown and pink in the first link. Would agree with Cole on the green and orange paints, very fun. Haven't seen Rea's room but also like the pink and green idea.
I do happen to be a fan of owls, but wasn't in love with those birds, maybe it was the colors and will have to agree with you on the favoring deeper colors. Liked the brown with owls, but then I did see the peace sign and looks a little "green."

Anonymous said...

Ok, now my favorite is the first link! :)

Kim said...

#2 choice. birds on a quilt.

#1 choice Stacy Quilt. Polka dots + pink + green = combination made in heaven. If I wasn't married, I'd be sleeping on that!

Becka said...

Ok thanks, ladies....I'm stuck between #1 and #3...price is pretty close. They are out of the accent pillow for the dots one (#3) and only the white accent pillow is available for the brown set (#1). Mmmm.

Cole said...

SO, I like the wall color that's shown in the room on the bedding that you have chosen. That turquoise-ish color... I don't think it's dark at all...love it. I guess maybe not on all walls but you could do a stripe on one wall or 1 solid wall and one 1/4 wall or something...