Sunday, October 24, 2010

Potential Meltdown...Avoided

As we were walking through the aisles of Publix last week, RCA picked up a pack of Silly Bands and a pack of chalk. She didn't say anything about it...just picked them up and kept walking. Then a few aisles later she saw a lunch box (A.K.A. a purse) and put the items in it. Totally on her own again and with few words, she found several books that looked interesting.






We went on and she just carried it all up and down the aisles.




When I stopped, she stopped to read.




Although it was super cute and big, I was dreading what was next...the check out aisle! I was able to remove the books without a scene, but I was experiencing some resistance with the purse full of goodies. I just wanted to give the items to the lady and run out of the store...fast!!!

However, it wasn't necessary! Basically I told her the tag on the bag meant it belonged to the store and we have to give it to them. I put it on the "belt" thing and the cashier was fast and so SMOOTH. She must have been a mom!!!! Once out of site, I distracted RCA and it was no big deal!!! *sigh* Disaster avoided!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Kim said...

Awww...way to go! She's too cute in those pictures!

Becka said...

She is such a riot! A big person in a little body!