I had an appointment with my new midwife (which went really well) on Wednesday and she wanted an ultrasound done the next day. I had been considering having a gender reveal party since we found out about this new baby, but I went back and forth about actually doing it. (Many logistics on making sure everyone was available) Once the appointment was scheduled, I said "we're doing it"....sent out an invite to our closest family members (that is difficult with such a fantastic, yet large family) and friends we have "history" with. Here is how it went from there....
Rea sported her "Big Sis" shirt, of course!!!
Here are our peeps who were available at the last minute. Colie was taking the picture. (Stay tuned this week for a post just about these people!!!!) They were to wear blue or pink depending on their gender vote. Everyone had blue on, except G.G. and Burgess had pink and blue on. :)
We skyped with my brother, Rob, from Alaska and Kels and Al in Gainesville. We FaceTimed with my sister and girls. Right after the reveal, we skyped with my girl, Kim, in Rhode Island, JMA's Grandma Kay in Ohio, and brother and s.i.l. who couldn't come at the last minute. The technology was great!

(click image to enlarge)
Here I am explaining to the slypers how it was going to work."I had an ultrasound done this morning. We had the tech put the gender of the babe in an envelope without telling us. I then delivered the sealed envelope to a girlfriend who so kindly made gender specific cupcakes for us. She put pink in the middle if its a girl and blue in the middle if its a boy. The grand reveal will happen when we bite into the cupcakes."
I was told to go first....I closed my eyes and took a bite...

...PINK!!!!
So it's another SWEET GIRL FOR US!

She couldn't wait for her chance at a cupcake!
What a fabulous evening with some amazing people to share a once in a lifetime moment with. We could not have asked for a better time!



5 comments:
HOw fun! I read about these parties all the time now...glad you did it! Also, the post below....about John's hair...made me giggle bc it really does look like that!
love love love love LOVE!
So much fun. Great pics Cole!
I wonder how many times I could look at these pics and not have a HUGE smile....good times!
...oh wait...did I mean "and still have a huge smile"...not sure which it should be...but you know what I meant.
Post a Comment