Thursday, March 18, 2010

Post St. Patty's Day Post

I forgot how big of a deal St. Patty's Day was. We did nothing to celebrate...sorry to my Irish followers. (I didn't even wear green, but I put Rea is some green pants and a pair of shoes with green in them....no picture available.)

We did some household responsibilities in the morning. I was in Lakeland Monday and Tuesday, so I needed to play catch up for a minute. We went to mom and dad's to get 150 wire hangers then scooted over to Gram's for a SUPER quick weekly Wednesday visit. I then got a phone call from my sister and dashed over to meet her at the Wee-Cycle It sale. (It's a wordy site...I can explain more if you would like more information.) The hangers from mom and dad's were for her. She dropped her stuff off and then we were all on our way to lunch....a mid-week family lunch! What a surprise and what a treat! Mom, dad, Jonathon (brother was in town), Julie, AEA, MAA, myself, and Rea at Crispers. Reagan was less than fun...will address tomorrow in a post. Regardless, it was great to catch up while we scarfed food. We are too busy for ourselves, but we made time yesterday. As quickly as we came together, we were done and going our separate ways.

As always, I was looking forward to a long afternoon nap (for Rea that is). I needed to get office work done. Her behaving all morning told me that she was tired, she passed out before leaving the Crispers parking lot only to WAKE UP when I got home and put her in bed. I left her in her bed for a while so I could get a break. It was short lived of course!

It was time to think of dinner already.

Plan A: cook some chicken on the bone and use the meat for a meal...BBQ sandwiches, chicken & rice, etc.
Dilemma: wasn't thawing in time.
Plan B: homemade pizza.
Dilemma: wasn't thawed at all!
Plan C: Tyson chicken fries, salad, mac n' cheese, and corn with asparagus.
Yikes! It was good, but not as healthy as preferred.

Since Rea had only slept 15 minutes all day, she fell asleep while eating...literally she was chewing with her eyes closed. I took her to give her a bath. While I was sitting right next to the tub(trying to catch up on my Clean Eating reading), she POOPED! I should have realized it. She told me after it was ALL done. OMG! Jon came to the rescue and took Rea to finish bathing her while I cleaned the tub and the toys. I was grateful for another tub in the house. We read a few books and off to bed early for the little girl. I then embarked on normal evening duties...cleaned up dinner, prepared Jon's lunch, caught up on "out of town" laundry, responded to 175 emails, etc.

So, that's how we celebrate here! I might try a new tradition next year!
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

No comments: