
(Side note...I have gone rafting several times and always make it very clear that I do not want to flip. Its not that I don't like the adventure or getting soaked by the freezing water. My issue is quite simple....I saw a Rescue 911 episode once where some people got stuck UNDERNEATH the raft. Well to spare you the details again, the punk kid made it a big deal that we had to follow his next command and so we did and over we went.....Sure enough, little 'ol me was stuck under the raft, BUT luckily not alone. My survival skills kicked in right away and I remembered to swim up to the pocket of air in the raft. Then my lifesaver, J.J. (family friend) either yanked my life jacket from underneath the raft or he lifted the raft so I could swim out....maybe he did both. Shortly after that, I was leisurely floating down the river...well, choking on the water I had swallowed. Moral of the story...I survived! AND my $10.00 Target sunglasses stayed on my head the entire time. (Some folks were hating on me for wearing them....taking bets how quickly I would loose them! Ha!)
Great people! Great memories!





No comments:
Post a Comment