In efforts to get out of the house, I initiated a little hike down to the river. They said there was a path so I loaded Rea in the stroller, gathered any kids or adults interested, snapped a quick photo to capture the excitement, and we were off. The "path" was more like a jagged, gravel road that had a steep decline, so I was trying to push the stroller over the boulders, but also slow her down so she wouldn't slide down the hill. Geesh! Why is everything so difficult?!? Although my gut was telling me to go no further because on this day "what goes down must come back up", I pressed on for memory sake. We laughed and had good conversation on the way down. We gathered the children for another picture (I was determined to take pictures of something!) and we began to calculate our adventure back. In efforts to spare you the details, the trip back was challenging. Too steep and rocky to push Rea, so I carried her and Mr. Adams senior carried the stroller. In was stinky in the moment (this is why there aren't any pictures of the return trip), but I'm glad we did it.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Vacation continuation...
Basically, the first few days were spent eating and hanging out. The men quickly fell in love with the frisbee golf course. Here are some of the kiddos playing, exploring, keeping busy, etc.


In efforts to get out of the house, I initiated a little hike down to the river. They said there was a path so I loaded Rea in the stroller, gathered any kids or adults interested, snapped a quick photo to capture the excitement, and we were off. The "path" was more like a jagged, gravel road that had a steep decline, so I was trying to push the stroller over the boulders, but also slow her down so she wouldn't slide down the hill. Geesh! Why is everything so difficult?!? Although my gut was telling me to go no further because on this day "what goes down must come back up", I pressed on for memory sake. We laughed and had good conversation on the way down. We gathered the children for another picture (I was determined to take pictures of something!) and we began to calculate our adventure back. In efforts to spare you the details, the trip back was challenging. Too steep and rocky to push Rea, so I carried her and Mr. Adams senior carried the stroller. In was stinky in the moment (this is why there aren't any pictures of the return trip), but I'm glad we did it.



In efforts to get out of the house, I initiated a little hike down to the river. They said there was a path so I loaded Rea in the stroller, gathered any kids or adults interested, snapped a quick photo to capture the excitement, and we were off. The "path" was more like a jagged, gravel road that had a steep decline, so I was trying to push the stroller over the boulders, but also slow her down so she wouldn't slide down the hill. Geesh! Why is everything so difficult?!? Although my gut was telling me to go no further because on this day "what goes down must come back up", I pressed on for memory sake. We laughed and had good conversation on the way down. We gathered the children for another picture (I was determined to take pictures of something!) and we began to calculate our adventure back. In efforts to spare you the details, the trip back was challenging. Too steep and rocky to push Rea, so I carried her and Mr. Adams senior carried the stroller. In was stinky in the moment (this is why there aren't any pictures of the return trip), but I'm glad we did it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment