Friday, August 28, 2009

A Moment to Remember

Ok, so I did it...I slowed down. I decided not to HAVE to do something. Jon went to a football game at his alma mater and I decided to stay in this evening. It's different staying home at night with Rea compared to the day. I haven't really figured out how or why this is, maybe because I feel like I should be super productive during the day so I have something I can check off "the list".

Anyways, I sat on the floor while she played and she couldn't be happier....playing with toys then climbing in my lap...back and forth. We spent some time outside then went on a walk....just doing our own thing...when and where...no agenda. I gave her a bath and then got her ready for bed. I held her and her blanket while I read a sweet book about a mouse sharing a cookie and then she sat there while I read the entire classic The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown. I've had this book forever, but this was my first time reading it all the way through. What a great book...written by a true mommy! That is the type of mommy I want to be...doing whatever it takes to be there when her baby is ready to come home.

I have felt the overwhelming need to re-prioritize things this week. Less Facebook, bed earlier, rise earlier, say no more, more time with God, live in the moment...

I am right where I am suppose to be...I will be content in this moment.

2 comments:

Natalia said...

I feel like I'm in the same spot as you. I often live to much by my schedule and less often by my heart. Wondering what crazy things God is about to do in our lives. :)

Rob said...

You're so cute. I love you.