Friday, December 19, 2008
Feeling Horrible
I just let Reagan cry herself to sleep and I'm feeling bad about it. I fed her about 1.5 hours ago and she fell asleep, but woke up shortly after I laid her in her bed. She then played on the floor for a long time. I walked around the house with her trying to put her to sleep. She was so close, but just wouldn't close her eyes. I put her in her bed with her passy and her blanket and she only cried slightly. Then she really turned it on and of course the passy fell out. It seemed like forever...less than 10 minutes in all reality. Is that too long? Am I teaching her that her bed is a bad place? Should I have held her no matter how long it took? Isn't it good that they can fall asleep on their own...kinda? Isn't that a way of soothing herself?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
You're such a good mom!
Sleep is always a challenge, trying to do the right thing - but you will be so thankful down the road that she learned to fall asleep without the rocking/singing/etc. It's just hard at first! :-)
No worries......you did the right thing.....she needs to learn that it is night night time and mommy now needs her time. She might pull the crying thing 2 or 3 times and then after that it should be golden. That is what I have learned, they adjust around the third or fourth time...but it just takes us getting to the third or fourth time. Love ya cuz
You girls are great! Thanks for the encouraging words!
Post a Comment