Saturday, December 4, 2010

Huge Week

It has been a HUGE week in our lives. After much procrastination, I finally did it! I embarked on the potty training journey. Changing diapers doesn't bother me and they are convenient when on the go, so I was in no rush. I just needed to do it.
I decided to stay home...no work , no play group, no Bible study, etc. She started in undies on Monday and peed on the floor every time...wet undies didn't bother her. So Tuesday I started the day with no undies...bare butt. She still did all her business on the floor!!!! Keep in mind every 15 minutes we were sitting on the potty singing, reading, and talking about what should happen. Two other things changed on Tuesday...1) she started telling me after she went and 2) I was very stern about where pee and poo belonged.

I'm not sure where her shirt was in this picture...but here she is in day 2.


I ended day 2 pretty disappointed, but determined to stick with it for the week.

Wednesday morning...same plan...bare butt, stern mama, every 15 minutes. We spent all morning talking about it, but nothing at all!!!! At 12:15, she was playing and all of a sudden said "oh" and looked at me like "now what?" We ran into the bathroom and she went!!!!!! I was in shock and super excited!!!! I danced, sang, and acted like a goober.


I wanted to give her every little and big reward because I was so excited...stickers, SillyBandz, M'n'Ms, watch Dora, lollipop. I wanted to take a picture of she and her "pop" and this is what she did....


So then I said, "you can close your eyes...just face me." This is what I got...


Watching Dora...


She peed one more time in the potty and several more accidents that night for my m.i.l.

Thursday morning she woke up ready to make it her big day... She has been a potty using professional ever since! She even mastered 2 public restrooms today. We've had a few tricky moments while figuring it all out (I'll spare you the details), but so far so good!!!!

I'm so proud of my girl and I'm so pleased I stuck with it. Ready to see what tomorrow holds!

3 comments:

Natalia said...

Yeah for Reagan and a HUGE yeah for mama. Good job sticking with it and Congrats for Rea!!!

Anonymous said...

I know I need to do the same thing but I haven't had the guts yet!! What'd you do during nap time?? And bed time? Yay for Rea!!! :)

Becka said...

Thanks, N.D.!

A.M., I've been doing pill-ups...a battle I didn't care to tackle yet. However, she has been dry the last several times, so I'm not sure how much longer we'll use them. ??? I'll keep you posted!