Is there such a thing?
Very proud to announce that I started the day with a brisk walk at 7:00 am with just my mom....no Rea! Returned home to see Jon Mike off to work and greet three of my precious nieces...Anna (9), Aleah (7), and Adriene (AKA "Dream" 5 tomorrow!). They are staying with us until Monday.
We settled a bit then hit the road for a few things at Walmart. Then hit up Wendy's on the way home....9:58. They don't open until 10:00....so we drove around for a bit. Got 4 Frosty's to take home for an afternoon treat. Then we hit the pool....swam, jumped, threw the ball, floated, peed in the showering area, raced, snacked, etc. Back home for a yummy lunch, some TV watching and Clue Jr. playing. The girls made some brownies. More niece and nephews came over...Gabrielle, Ethan, Jaden. I set a "make your own pizza" table up. Everyone made their own...pressing the dough and all. I even made Jon Mike and Jonathan make their own! Super fun! We made 8 pizzas....6 big kids and 2 dads. (Rea didn't make one this time.)
The girls had "doll" hair (that was their description) from the pool. Get it? Like that crusty, stringy, matted together hair...."doll" hair...that's funny to me. :) I put a girl in each shower, so they could get clean before it was movie time! Everyone watched Toy Story 2 and ate brownies and ice cream.
The girls were BEAT and were glad to get to bed. It was so much fun and good to be with these sweet, sweet kids! I don't remember sitting down. In fact, I am so tired that....this is gross....I'm going to bed without a shower.
Birthday girl wishes for tomorrow.... breakfast at Bob Evan's (pancakes and "whopped" cream), Toy Story 3, then more swimming??????
Could I really do this full-time? Non-stop with so many little people and so many needs?
Regardless, I loved my time with them today and I sure do love them!
P.S. The aforementioned activities are why I still haven't put Alaska pics up...soon though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
WOW - full and fun day! I think then only thing you were missing was 2 more nieces! Fun that Jon was there! Did he take them to his home after dinner?
Busy, busy lady!!!! That wonderful, wear you out busy with little kids is priceless though.
Still can't wait for the Alaska trip photos :)
Post a Comment