Monday, June 7, 2010

Regrouping

In the last week, I have...

*attended a 3rd birthday party out of town
*got a pedicure
*spent some time at Downtown Disney
*packed my family for a 4 day trip
*flew 2,200 miles and visited 3 different airports with a toddler
*cried during TWO funerals within 4 days
*unpacked and reorganized my family
*attended a baby shower
*planned a 2nd birthday for 60+ guests
*prepared a Bible lesson for 3 year olds
*fed, cooked, and cleaned for my family
*celebrated 6 years of marriage to a really amazing guy
*cooked for and cleaned up after my 60+ party guests
*taught and managed ten 3 year olds
*tried on approx. ten outfits on my toddler...its such a pain in the butt.
*took a nap

...I think that's it...I feel like I've left something out...you get the point!

There is still lots to do in the next three days because we leave for ALASKA on Thursday!!!

*laundry and dishes to catch up on
*lots of fabulous birthday gifts to put away
*Bible study homework to finish and to attend
*work meetings for both of us...his are more official than mine.
*two more 3 year old lessons to prepare for and deliver
*pack my family for an eight day trip! (with minimal luggage and being aware of the weight limit)
*figure out how I can get a pack n' play, car seat, and stroller across the country
*write thank you notes
*visit approx 6 different airports and travel approx. 10,000 miles with a TODDLER

...that's basically it.

Here's the best part...you may think I tell you all that because I want to complain about the craziness...nope, not true! I think I have FINALLY learned that it's time to embrace it...enjoy it. I'm getting in the boat and enjoying the scenery and the company instead of trying to stop the boat.

No comments: