Ok, I'm back. Sorry about my great absence. Life got busier than normal and I didn't have time to blog. I have found myself busier now than when I was working full-time. When Jon and I were in school and working, we use to say that we were going to have so much free time once we graduated. That was not the case after graduation...we filled the time easily. I thought the same thing would happen once I quit teaching and that doesn't seem to be the case either. Here's a quick summary of our schedule...
Mondays - walk in the AM with my friend, Marin, and her baby *Ragan* (Nice name, huh? More on her later.) The rest of the day is spent on getting caught up from the weekend...cleaning, e-mails, Bible study homework, phone calls, blog, etc. I really enjoy my Mondays; however, they have been filled the last several weeks...I substituted for my mom, Jon had several Dr. appts. (more info below), church meetings, etc.
Tuesdays - Bible study in the AM - take Reagan to my MIL's - volunteer in the library at my old school - teach a 3rd grade art class for my former students - tutor five low-achieving, 1st and 2nd grade little girls - pick Rea up - go to our small group - feed/bathe/put down Rea
Wednesdays - walk at the park in the AM with my friend, Marin - deal with Reagan and try to get house stuff done - watch my nephew, Jaden, until late afternoon - dinner - clean - feed/bathe/put down Rea
Thursdays - I attend a Healthy Moms stroller class - Shaklee business meeting - manage house/family stuff - tutor my five little girls again - dinner - feed/bathe/put down Rea
Fridays - walk in the park in the AM - either going to lunch with a friend, painting pottery (future post), Dr. appt., running errands, etc. ...sometimes fun activities and sometimes important responsabilites.
These are the basic activities that fill up our week. It might not look that bad,but you must remember that I'm taking care of a 4 month old, so that makes everything more challenging and more time consuming. Add in there 30 minutes several times a day for feeding and changing.
On top of all my socializing, I have been nursing my sweet husband back to health. He had a cyst removed from his backside 2 1/2 weeks ago. SOOOOOOO, he hasn't been able to sit, which means he can't drive, go to work, be very active, etc. He has a pretty serious wound...20 - 25 stitches and he had a drain in for a week draining blood, fluid, etc. which had to be emptied I've been trying to meet his needs, little Rea's needs, and maintain somewhat of a normal schedule. THEN he got sick...fever, congestion, etc...then I caught it a bit...then my sweet baby girl got sick and had a fever. :( Jon has been able to work from home by either laying on his side or standing at the bar. He was doing really well and felt really good, so he started to go back to work part-time this week. WELL....he went to a meeting yesterday and tore open part of his wound, so now he's back on the couch taking it easy again.
Needless to say, we have been a mess!!!! Everyday gets alittle bit better. I will be posting more often...I hope...and I will be posting some more pics of our many activities. Thank you for your patience and your understanding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Welcome back!! Great background--SUPER cute!
Thanks for your technical support!
Wow! You are so busy....glad to know things are gonig well. Are you still nursing?
Post a Comment