You realize how annoying taking the trash out is, but putting the bag back in the can is even more annoying.
You have do to less laundry because you don’t have his giant clothes to fill the basket.
You realize how much he keeps you company at night…even if he’s just breathing heavily in bed.
You don’t have to cook real dinner.
You don’t have anyone to write a “script” with on Saturday.
You are just so weary at night because you’ve had no outlet or back-up all day.
You have random technology issues. What the?!?
You get extra, extra excited to see your parents coming around…or anyone who might talk to your kids for 10 minutes.
You become a bit envious of San Francisco and Germany because they get your man.
You plan for big things to get done, create a huge to-do list for yourself, as if him being away creates more hours in the day. Weird.
You become more compassionate for mom’s that have to live this life all the time.
You pray through more moments and your steps become more intentional.
You become weary.
You grow a bit…or a lot.



2 comments:
Amen to all of the above...LOL...Oh how I can relate :) Although I consider myself very blessed to be living "this life", tonight I completely understand....as I write my long to do list with my so called extra hours :)
I am so in touch with these feelings. If you ever want to go for a walk or just need company while your man is away, I'm not far away. :)
Post a Comment