Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Evil

I described something as evil to Rea for the first time today. It was oddly sobering.

The JoyFM was replaying a 9-11-01 timeline complete with 911 calls, news reports, airline communication, etc.  She asked what they were talking about.

I hesitated. It was a surreal moment. 11 years later, this is where I am…this is my life.

My impressionable, vulnerable, innocent little one was asking me about a horrific incident filled with evil.

I considered giving her a simple, soft answer and address it another time. “There were some mean people who tried to hurt others”. In that moment, it didn’t seem like complete truth.

I took a deep breath and I told her what happen that horrific day. I told her about the evil that day. I was flooded with emotions when I thought about my sweet, sweet little ladies and the evil they will deal with in their lifetimes.

I pray that the evil that is in me and around me, like that on 9-11-01, will remind me that THIS IS NOT MY HOME. I pray that my heart will crave, desire, yearn for the greater things above and not set my eyes on things of this world.

After I finished speaking, I quickly prayed for wisdom to answer her questions. I paused. She said nothing. Then she asked me a completely unrelated question. In love

Lord, hold on to their hearts and please never let go. Give them hearts that yearn for you. Make them restless and thirsty…  completely satisfied by you. ~Humbled mama

2 comments:

Natalia said...

Wise mama

Kristin Henry said...

Love this!! Your such a great mama!!!!