Thursday, August 11, 2011

Celebrating the BIG 3!!!

After many patient weeks waiting for your "birpbay" party, it finally came!!! We celebrated Monday, June 20th in the morning. What a fun, fun, fun day and quite the team effort!
We partied in the backyard with family, friends, and neighbors. We had a play-doh station, paint station, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, little kiddie pool, sprinklers, popsicles, snacks, candy, color coordinated chilled beverages, etc.

L to R, Top to Bottom: Jaden and Landon working the play-doh - Rea still working the paint table - Rileigh being a trooper - daddy-o, Gramps, and Grammy - daddy and Uncle Nate trying out one of your presents - cousins blowing some bubbles - cooling down with Lola
Regardless of all the festivities, you were happy as can be painting. You had no desire to stop. You and Aunti Naj painted together and just observed your surroundings for most of the party. You didn't even want to stop to open presents. We had to bribe you to stop painting.
After presents, we concluded with our annual pinata.

L to R, top to bottom: getting ready - the way Rileigh took in the party - modeling the cute, personalized pool bag made my Aunt Julie - candle time! - hanging with Uncle Rob - colorful snacks - Madeline cooling off (We LOVED having her, Aunt Virginia, and Uncle Rob there to celebrate!) - SWEETS!
Sweet Rea, you have had a fabulous three years. Time has certainly flown by. I relish the past and am beyond honored to have been given three amazing years with you. You are full of life, a lot of words, a lot of thoughts, a lot of pretending, a lot personality, a lot of fun. You make us so happy. I smile at you, I worry about you, I pray for you, I trust you, I believe in you, but I will fail you. Remember, in all your ways acknowledge HIM and he will direct your path. Your path is oh, so bright! Forever I love you. Happy 3rd Birpbay!