~Day Trip to Seward~
The following day we took a 3.5 hour drive south to Resurrection Bay. Dad had planned a lunch and sightseeing boat ride for us. The plan was to see different wildlife, scenery and glaciers. Again, it was a gross day...rainy, overcast, and cold. By this point in the week, Rea was just plain tired....up way too late + up way too early + teeny tiny afternoon naps + different time zone = not so happy baby Rea. This is why you see the pipe in a lot of pictures and I even let her crawl on the ground to make her happy. (Ew!) Overall, it was another fun day...some had more fun than others. We are glad the never ending boat ride is over, but it made for some really good laughs and great memories. (Two of my most favorite things!)
Things to notice in the pictures...
*The weather, the camera, and the swaying boat doesn't do the scenery justice.
*First few are from the ride down...very different from our ride north.
*The waterfalls coming down the mountains were AMAZING! They even pulled the boat right next to one and the mist from it splashed the boat. (SIDE NOTE....I didn't feel the mist because I stayed inside the entire time keeping my little seat warm...too wet and cold out there and I was dealing with a toddler.)
*In a few, you can see some kayakers and their campsite. Seriously? How cool would that be to camp is such a place as that?!? (Ok, too cold for me, but still...for the right person, so cool!!!)
*As I mentioned on previous posts, the trees are HUGE but the even BIGGER mountains dwarf them. I can't get over how small they look.
*The glacier deal....not what I expected. Basically, it's the "snowy" area between these mountains. I learned later that I thought it would resemble an iceberg.
*You can also see a few homes literally tucked away in the mountains. Only accessible by boat and I'm sure can only be lived in a few months out of the year. They were tucked so far in there. Amazing!
*Wildlife we saw....bald eagles, swimming otters, lots of birds covering huge rocks (lots of dodo too), sea lions chilling on the rocks, some porpoise things (fastest sea animals) and towards the end most people saw some type of whale, but we were so sick of it all, we didn't even get up to see it.
*Reagan finally did fall alseep, but then as I mentioned earlier, I let her lay on the ground...the things we do when we are trying to survive.
*So mom, dad, and Jon Mike got a bit motion sick....kids and people were puking around us. It was really funny and not so funny at the same time. You know me...I always laugh at inappropriate times and this was one of them!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Oh my gosh. Please tell me more about this boat ride next time we talk!!:D
Post a Comment