Monday, August 16, 2010

Alaska 2010 - The Conclusion

We concluded the trip with even more great times. Unfortunately, we didn't get to experience the Seward trip with Virginia and Madeline because they had already returned home and we didn't get to spend our last day trip with Rob because he had gone back to work.

Things to notice below...
*Rea lounging in her bed watching a movie...she spent too much time doing that in the evening when she should have been sleeping!
*Great excitement and cheesing over ice cream! I think this was the first time she had her own bowl.
*We hiked Thunder Bird Falls Trail. The weather was perfect...sunny, clear, cool! The landscape was vibrant green and so lush. Just breathtaking! All of us even drank out of the river from the falls.
*You'll notice in a few pics that Jon Mike is working while hiking.
*We visited Rob's base and the hospital. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing where he works.
*Rea did lots of coloring and the guys did a lot of Phase 10 playing.
*Jon Mike and I celebrated our 6th anniversary out there! He arranged a really nice night out... delicious dinner and some shopping without Rea. (But I shopped for HER...go figure!) I thought it was hysterical that we got $7.00 in coins from the parking garage.
*Rea LOVED and mastered horizontal escalators on our return from Alaska. The flights were uneventful, once again, and she did great!


1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the pics! So many good ones!! And PS I think I like the Photobucket slideshow better because I can watch it on my Reader at work instead of waiting til I get home so I can click on your blog:)

Can't wait to see what you guys have been up to since you've been home:)