Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Alaska Continued...

Getting to know Eagle River...
One component of this trip that made it so fabulous was that we took a day or two to stay around the house and tour nearby. In this collection, you should notice...

*The first picture was taken with an iPhone while the guys were down the street playing aerobie at 10:00PM at night...the sun is out!
*Rea waking up from a nap with a fever...she was under weather the rest of the day then the next day was just fine.
*Rob took us to an area that provided an overlook of Eagle River. It was neat to spot his subdivision and the surrounding area. Notice the windy river too. We attempted some pics with Rea here and obviously she wanted nothing to do with it.
*We then made a short visit to the Eagle River Nature Center...which was "simple", but beautiful. I just loved how green and untouched the grass looked. Very nature-y and I enjoyed it!
*Mom did some crafting and beading with Madeline before dinner...which I think was gourmet "grilled cheese" by Virginia. Delicious!

Additional note.....Although I do not have pictures of the food we ate, it was right up there with the other good memories and amazing sites. Some of the VERY best lasagna I've ever had, I tried curry chicken...not bad, not bad...delightful fruit salads, she introduced me to the most precious little pepperonis, and the list continues. I LOVE when people make me delicious meals. Many thanks to Virginia!

*You will also see a lot of passy shots...this was the last hurrah with the pipe. It was demoted to only in bed when we got home.

1 comment:

Natalia said...

Loved the photos, what a fun trip!