Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where's the pause button?

As I was blow drying Rea's hair tonight, (yes, I blow dry my 20 month old's hair.) a million thoughts went through my head. She's big....like totally not a baby anymore. I cannot tell you how many times a day Jon and I look at each other in amazement and say "she's so big." I want to hit pause on her little life and soak it all in.

Here are more words since I last documented. "Thank you, poo, got it, ball, water, wa (watch), bug, bite"

I had my sister's girls this past weekend (another post) and I thought she would be so little compared to them, but nope...she hung in there just like a big girl. She even ate their snacks because she finished hers first and they weren't eating theirs fast enough.

She is working on running. She gets her little feet moving just as fast as she can. She screams like a girl for sure when you chase her. Sometimes she will fall to the ground and hide her face because she just doesn't know what to do or can't get away fast enough.

I don't think this is a good thing, but she's claps and cheers when I turn the TV on. Current favorites: Olivia (mine too!), Yo Gabba Gabba! (super weird and cool at the same time), some Elmo on Sesame Street (classic), Praise Baby DVDs, Blues Clues (ehh, it comes on at the right time)

Although she is big into "boy" toys, she is now in to all things baby. Coveres the babies, feeds the babies, etc.

She is a pro at the brushing the teeth routine. (mommy brushes then Rea brushes) Well, unless she's tired then its not worth the fight.

She's pretty good at undressing herself. She gets stuck at pulling her arms out of shirts.

We didn't use or talk about the pipe at all today except for nap time and then bedtime.

She's behind on shots. I guess I will work on that next week. Ugh! :(

This is it for now. I have more catching up to do later. As I mentioned previously, Jon and I were super sick. I subbed. Then we had Julie's girls. Rea and I leave tomorrow for a super quick trip to ATL. So, I better get packed! Have a fantastic weekend...do something fun and tell me about it.

We'll talk on Monday!!!!

No comments: