Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I must not delay another minute!

Over the past few weeks...no months really, I've been telling myself that I need to write down the new words and things Rea is doing. I swear there is something new everyday. There are so many frequent changes that I have a hard time documenting them all. I don't want her to grow up and I forget them...especially the little things.

So as she goes from climbing on the chair behind me to sitting on the floor and wrapping her little toys in trash she just pulled from the can, I will try to do what I can....

Favorite words.... bye, ouch, stuck, snack, bowl, daaad, yea, no, hey, uh oh, woah, here, what's that

*We are starting to get rid of the pipe (paci) so before she can get out of bed she hands us her pipe and we put it on the window sill. This was a place near her bed, but just out of reach. She then learned to use the wipes container as a stool to get it. So we started to put the wipes container on her book shelf. The stinkin' girl now gets the wipes container down, puts it in place, and gets the pipe. It is not nap time and she has it in right now because of this.

*Tells us what the duck, cow, dog, and lion says. Knows where her eyes, ears, nose, tongue, teeth, hair, and belly are.

*She gets the bag of dishwasher tablets from the cabinet, asks me to open it, takes one out, puts it in the compartment in the washer, closes the little door, closes the big door, and presses the button to start it.

*Loves to sit in your lap while you read books to her.

*Getting two back molars on the bottom.

*Loves the bath! When you ask her if she wants to take a bath, she knows to go get her towel, washcloth, and go to the bathroom. She has been using the circular metal thing on the side of the tub as a mirror. So she puts washcloths on her head and talks to herself in the "mirror".

*Asks for lotion or soap on her hands or she pretends to put it on herself.

*Nothing makes her happier than to crawl around the inside of the car.

*When she sees a baby or knows someone is sleeping, she puts her finger over her nose and says "shh".

*While I'm loading everything up to go into a grocery store....Rea, cart cover, grocery bags, money, coupons, list, snacks, drink, etc.....Rea sits in the shopping cart and says hi and bye to cars and people that drive by. Actually, it's more like she yells it and waves. Once in the store, she yells bye and waves as we pass people in the aisles.

*When she's excited about something, she bends over, slaps her knees or covers her mouth, and gets giddy.

*She goes in and out of the house as she pleases when the doors are unlocked.

*She grunts and makes a straining face when she is struggling to carry or open something. She also makes the same face when I'm doing the same thing...like she is trying to help or sympathizing with me.

*Love the way she puts her hand out, palm up when I ask her a question and she doesn't know the answer.

....this is enough for now....will remember more later.

4 comments:

Grant and Sarah Schmeelk said...

Those are awesome and made me think of all the things that Braylen does. They sure have some of those that are similar....love it! Has she gotten into a toddler bed yet or still in a crib....I have been wondering about that transition! Can't wait to see her and give her lots of love real soon! Love you all!

Rob said...

Who doesn't appreciate the occasional empathetic grunt? Cute.

Cole said...

SO GREAT! Love this update! I can't wait to see all of this goodness for myself.

Becka said...

Sarah...still in crib and no rush. Will address when baby #2 comes or she starts climbing out. You guys?

I love that you all read and comment! Thanks!