I was just thinking the other day that I haven't had any crazy, random stories. Well, I spoke too soon!
Setting it up....Rea and I do our normal Monday grocery shopping. She does rather well and it was a pleasant visit. (Used 18 coupons and saved almost $60.00) I had a few bigger items than normal, the bagger really wanted to get me a second cart, and I insisted that I wanted to use the cart that MY BABY was in. Then I always have to beat them off because they want to help me to my car...they probably feel sorry for me because I look 15, have a kid, and now all these groceries. I don't need them or want them today.
So here is where it gets good.....I get to my vehicle...load all 500 of my groceries while Rea greets the arriving vehicles...I place my money, phone, etc on the front seat...I lay Rea on the back seat to change her diaper when I realize she has peed through her diaper and now her pants and shirt are wet. I give her my keys to play with while I undress her and change her diaper. I then put her in her seat undressed and buckle her in....she is still playing with the keys. I shut the door and think "I better hurry around to the other side because she might accidentally lock the car." WELL.......It was too late! Everything is locked and my phone is inside. I have 2 seconds of panicking and then calmly walk back into Publix, wait in the lottery line, ask to use their phone, call Jon and ask him to come. I thank the kind employees and head back out to wait by my locked vehicle.
At this point, Rea is as content as can be. She has her pipe, she's undressed, and she's still playing with the keys. Thankfully, its February so it wasn't 1,000 degrees out. She starts to press the "locked" button and the car starts honking. I start to laugh because I can't believe this is my life...I have a kid? A kid that is pressing the button to lock my car AGAIN? I'm in sweats standing in a grocery store parking lot? Locked out? This is my life? hahahaha So, now I'm laughing so she continues to honk the horn and laugh because she knows that's why I'm laughing. The store manager comes out to make sure I'm ok and I'm getting all types of looks because I'm chilling by my honking car!
Jon showed up in a matter of moments to save the day and now I have this dumb story to share. So I did so well for 19 months, but now I have joined the "lock my kid in the car" club.
I hope you have a good day...no matter where you find yourself standing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Not sure why....but I seriously can't stop laughing....I mean I am dying laughing as we speak....yep....tears rolling out of the eyes....just something about this story makes me remember my experience and how people are just looking at us like WTH....! This is cracking me up and even more so....(still dying out laughing....tears a rollin') that we are both new moms and this happend to us....geez! I tell ya!
I know it's not great to go through at the moment, but sometimes as new moms those are some of the best memories. Thanks for sharing the story. It really was hysterical to read because I pictured it all happening.
Post a Comment