Monday, February 15, 2010

Oh "Heart Day"!

I would love to be sitting down to tell you how much I love the holiday set aside for sharing all of your love. I'm ok without the day...really. I'm so high maintenance *surprise* that I want to be told how much I'm loved by those that love me year around. I'm not a dozen rose type of girl...too predictable or a candlelight dinner...I want to see what I'm eating. I don't really need slow dancing in the living room....I have too much to say and to get down.

Instead, I'm going to tell you that the smell of death is upon my house and it arrived on heart day. I had a great day at church. I had two fantastic teams working with my kiddos, so I didn't worry about them once. Scarfed down some leftovers for lunch standing up in the kitchen. Then we hit the road with mom and dad for IKEA. Yea, that's right...my sweet husband was taking me to Ikea for the day. (Everyone in our car except Rea and I were Ikea virgins.) We conquered/endured that trip...mom and dad were so helpful with Rea and we made productive purchases. The hungry carload headed to the Brandon Mall for some California Pizza Kitchen (used to be a personal favorite). We enjoyed our time together and our meals...my usual, BBQ chicken salad. I ate way too much and still couldn't finish it, so Jon finished it off. I chased Jon and Rea to the car because it was FREEZING out. I knew I was way too full on the ride home and did not feel well. We did our normal...Jon unloads the car and I take Rea upstairs to bed. I barely got her to her room...laid her on the floor...and went straight to the bathroom! I'm going to spare you A LOT of details and just leave it at....I made numerous visits to my little toilet room. I was sick as a dog...lost 5 pounds over night. My dear husband went to work and came home early to make several visits to his toilet room.

My mom came over this morning to help me. When she arrived, I was half conscious on the couch and Rea was in her highchair with everything she could need...bib, yogurt, spoon, juice, and the TV in sight. Mom cleaned my kitchen and took Rea with her.

Jon and I spent the day in bed together, but not like you think post V-day would look like. We have spent this evening removing the smell of death from our room....two toilets are nice in the moment, but that means twice the smell removing. Its crazy how quickly that smell can travel! So, this is how we do romantic evenings. :)

I certainly do love the man in my life....even when he's as sick as a dog.

P.S. I do have sweet little memories of heart day from childhood. My dad would always do something special for us...flowers and cards for all of the ladies sitting on the dining room table. I knew year round that he loved us, but even more on this day. Thanks, Dad! (Or....did mom make him do it?!?! Mmmm) :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh no!! That is the saddest story ever!! So glad you're feeling better! So glad you had your man to lay with in bed! SO glad Mimi came to get Rea!

Natalia said...

So sorry you were sick, thank goodness for a mom to the rescue.

Anonymous said...

Mom never knew what I was doing on those V-days in the past because she also received the gifts like you did. I loved you then and I love you now. You are a great Mom And wife and of course daughter!

Dad