Friday, February 13, 2009

Keep your fingers crossed!

Let me quickly bring you up to speed...Reagan has been a pretty good sleeper from the beginning. She started sleeping through the night in her pack n' play next to our bed around a month or 1.5 months. We thought we had it made!!! Well, around 3 -4 months she started waking up again in the middle of the night. So, I would feed her and put her back to bed. The Dr. didn't want me to not feed her because her weight was low, etc. Well, when we started her on real food at 6 months, we figured she was getting enough calories for the day. We moved her to her room and prepared to let her cry herself back to sleep. We didn't have the heart to do that at 2:30 in the am. Therefore, we didn't have any success.
Last Friday, we decided it was time! When she saw me, she thought it was time to get up and eat. So, our plan was to have Jon go in there, give her the passy and leave. He did that a couple of times Friday and Saturday. This week we've taken turns giving her the passy, but it has been less often each night...like only once. ANYWAYS....we had a late night last night, so I didn't get her to bed until 10:00 and NOT a peep until 6:00 this morning!!!! I hope this is a start to something fantastic!!! I'll keep you posted of course!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Grant and Sarah Schmeelk said...

I will be thinking of you.....the passy is the problem....I am suprised she is a passy girl?? Braylen doesn't care for it and spits it out or chews on the side for MAYBE 5 seconds and then it is gone.....! Several of my friends who breastfeed....their children didn't take a passy either....maybe the texture is different...who knows...! TAKE THE PASSY AWAY...hahahah...easier said than done... I know! I must brag that Braylen does excellent at night....maybe it is just a faze!

Cole said...

Oh, Lady...that is a hard lesson to have to teach! I remember doing it with both of my boys. It's so hard to lay there and listen to them cry but it does work and they do learn...stick with it!
-xx
-Cole