Monday, September 29, 2008

Sweet Baby = Good Time



I just returned from Prepped & Ready and I wanted to write about my wonderful experience. I had a fun time the first time I went with several ladies and no Reagan, but this time I had to venture out without friends (I called EVERYONE.)...and with Reagan this time. I could just see it...I get my gloves on and she starts crying...and her cry is loud. It's a little place, so we would be disturbing everyone. I had to go today because the October menu starts on Wednesday. I decided to make the following dishes...

  • Chicken Hemingway: Chicken breast lightly dusted, sauteed and topped with our basil cream sauce and finished with dried tart cherries.
  • Italian Chicken Breasts stuffed with Cheese and Sun-dried Tomatoes: This crispy chicken just oozes with flavor and cheese and it is so easy to prepare!
  • Grilled Flank Steak with Garlic-Parsley Sauce: Coating this steak with our potent sauce adds just as much flavor as marinating and takes just 5 minutes!

My sweet little baby sat in her car seat, sucked on her passy (A.K.A. her wiffle) and watched me "cook". (She will probably grow up thinking that the first step to a GREAT meal is putting the ingredients in Ziploc baggies.) Not a peep..except a few smiles at those who spoke to her. The picture above is her being precious so I can cook. **Notice the smile behind the wiffle.** :)


OH MY, a big moment in Reagan's life JUST happened. She's sitting behind me in this seat that has toys that hang down from it and she's talking/yelling at the toys. She yanked on the cow and made it sing....all by herself...normally I have to do it. All of a sudden it started singing and it was her. What a big girl! (Picture number 2...click on it to enlarge it)


3 comments:

Kim said...

Becka, that place looks fantastic, inexpensive, and fun!! Wow. How perfect for you! Next time I come in town though, I won't let you fool me into believing you spent all day preparing it;)

Becka said...

That can definetly be on the To Do list when you come to visit.

Kim said...

Yes! I can't wait!!