Ya know how in Christmas letters people usually write about how wonderful their kids are and how wonderful their year has been? ...and they don't mention the hard and dirty moments of life? (I know, I know. Who would want to hear about that anyways, but its real life.) Well, I thought that I should include the hairy times as well as the amazing moments in this blog, so it will be true to life. The hairy moments aren't all that bad in retrospect because they make you even more grateful for the beautiful moments. I was laying in bed last night after two difficult afternoons and I thought...I should be blogging about these moments. (but I WAS NOT getting out of bed and turning on the computer to vent about the day)
So after my wonderful morning with Reagan and Jaden on Wednesday, I didn't get to all of my things that I mentioned because of my sweet 3 month old. I fed her after Jaden left and she wasn't content again until Jon put her to sleep later that night. So that was a frustrating afternoon of her crying and fussing...I was attempting to make a new lasagna recipe in the middle of it all (Believe it or not...it turned out ok.) and Jon was working late. Once he got home, we chalked the fussiness up to "gas". (Side note...this can be another frustrating experience because I really have no clue what the one item I ate that could have affected her.) I was happy for that day to end and a new day to start...to have my easygoing baby girl back. She woke up beautifully, we went to our stroller class in the mall (another post sometime), we went to a Shaklee meeting and then I wanted to run to my school for a sec...she started fussing which turned out to be an all out scream. (...and my baby has a set of lungs on her!) I did what I needed to do there and then I needed to go to Publix, so I could make dinner for Jon's big bro, Matt, and his family of GIRLS. They just had their 4th little one a couple of weeks ago. (a post to follow) Long story short......the dinner took me forever to put together, I finally got it to Matt and Tara'a....with a screaming baby. She's still not happy once she gets home...tried it all...new diaper, fed her (which worked for a bit), in the swing, on the bed, gas drops.... holding her and bouncing finally did it and my sweet baby fell asleep in my arms around 7ish. Jon was working late again. We laid her in her bed and she slept until 6:00 this morning. The moral of the story.....Tara (my sis-in-law) made a comment like "you want to be able to say what is wrong with them" and she is so right. I wish I could say oh, she needs this and it will be fine or atleast it would be an excuse for the abnormal behavior. The reality...I may NEVER know exactly what the problem was. Also...an onlooker may read my previous post and say "how wonderful, she gets to stay home with her sweet little baby and tidy it up all the time, and of course be suzy homemaker." Well, I try, but I've learned that a stay-at-home mom's schedule must be tentative at ALL times (those who even have a schedule...which you know I do...well, I try). It is definetly one of those "harder than it looks" type of job. Everyday gets easier...today has been MUCH easier then yesterday!
Now, I better get going...I have no idea when things could turn sour....
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment