We had a great few days in Phoenix last week at the AWI convention. It was a pretty good balance of work and rest. We toured the Ping factory the first day. It was very interesting!
Mis and I went to a ladies lunch (most everyone is 20+years our senior) at Arcadia Farms which featured Phoenix’s local food then toured the Desert Botanical Garden. It was interesting too, but it’s a desert, so I’m sure you guessed the theme….cacti. The delicious lunch was my favorite part of the outing.
The mountains from our room at the Arizona Biltmore.
We participated in an “Amazing Race” around the 39-acre resort. Our team of five won and we each received $200 to the resort. We worked hard, so I think we deserved it.
We hiked Camelback Mountain (I only hiked half way. The guide..ahem…was a bit misleading about the difficulty level.) early one morning before sunrise. The full moon illuminated the rocks beautifully as we hiked, then the sun began to rise and take over for the moon. Watching this transition while overlooking Phoenix was breathtaking.
JMA and I enjoyed massages at the spa after our amazing race then the crazy hike.
I enjoyed the change of scenery, delicious cuisine, and lovely weather during our time in Phoenix. I was surprised to see the monotone coloring…mostly shades of brown. Grass was a rarity except at our resort. Rocks and cacti were the theme everywhere else.
Grateful for the opportunity.



1 comment:
This makes me so happy!
Post a Comment