Thursday, November 8, 2012

Civic Responsibility

The girls and I voted. Only my voted counted. Smile We went after Fuzz’s morning nap, but before what I thought might be a noon lunch rush from the career world. I packed heavy snacks/lunch in preparation for a very long wait.

photo 1photo 2

It wasn’t bad at all! The whole process maybe took 15-20 minutes. The girls were fabulous! I tried to explain as much as I could to Rea and when I showed her my ballot she replied “Wow. That’s a lot of Presidents.” Smile We then came home and ate chips outside.

photo 3photo 4

President Obama will be our president for another four years. We do not think this is best, but our faith must go beyond this man and to the one who is head over everything, God. When fear and anger want to creep in, we will set our eyes on our Savior and he will be our guide. Daddy said it so well post-election… “I will not allow politics to define me. I will not allow politics to paralyze me. Or create unnecessary fear. I will focus on what I can control and only that. I will focus on doing the best I can each and everyday. I will attempt to take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves!”

God takes care of all things, especially the big things! We are his instruments. He does not NEED us, he WANTS us. Christ saved me when I was still a mess.

No comments: