We were having issues with the sun. (Reason 1,622 that she is MY child.) We moved to the back of the house to no avail. (*but to no avail. ???)
We walked her in. There was so much going on in the classroom that she just slipped right in practically unnoticed. She was ready to hit the toys around the room that they were able to play with during open house, but she had to stay at her seat until everyone arrived.
I watched her for a minute from the window. She sat there watching two other kids who were flipping out. When I picked her up later that day, I asked her if they were ok the rest of the day. She said “They missed their mommies. They weren’t hurt.” Then she said something about plugging her ears so she didn’t have to hear them, but then she couldn’t hear the story.
Daddy and I parted ways. He went to work and Fuzz and I ran a few errands. She fell asleep and I sat in the school parking lot and did Bible study and replied to emails and texts. It was just lovely.
The pick up was uneventful, but she was mighty cute and big standing on the sidewalk waiting for me to pull up. It was hard to refrain from stopping the line, jumping out of my car and taking a photo. Her teacher came to the car window, so I could sign her out and I was yearning for a brief summary of my child’s day and an outline of the day’s events. I didn’t get either.
The first thing she did when she got in the van after school was to walk over to Fuzzy and love on her. I asked the 100 million questions every mom asks to get every bit of information and then I ask them again to hear her cute little answers again and to see if she’ll stick with her original story.
We had lunch when we got home and then played out back with the sand table and the little pool. Fuzz took a nap and we continued on with our normal afternoon activities.
I’m not sure if she understands this is an everyday thing. She has made a few comments which make me believe she thinks it is more like church class…a once a week event. The next few days will be very telling.



3 comments:
Oh! She looks so big!! I'm sure she will have a great year! I remember dropping Ab off the first day of VPK - it was a mix of emotions... I was happy to leave her, and excited about the year, but still had a small lump in my throat... much like your previous post... "throwing her to the wolves!" :-) However, she grew acedemically and I learned more about her personality. I'm excited to hear more from Rea about her school days! :-) Total Cuteness!
She looks so grown up in the pics. I can't wait to see how this year unfolds with our big girls :)
Your such a good mama!! Love the pictures :) She is going to have a wonderful year, I just know it!!
Post a Comment