Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Perfect Procrastination

After talking with a girlfriend tonight, I realized I wasn’t practicing what I preached. She was waiting to publish her blog until it was “perfect”. 

I, too, have been a procrastinating blogger. I don’t publish until I have all the pictures and details in order. I sometimes inconvenience myself in order to publish in chronological order. I don’t journal my thoughts because there are just SO MANY swirling around in my head that I struggle to get them all down. I hesitate because I’m a random, messy author and don’t like how unorganized my writing tends to be. There are just so many, usually great things that happen in one day, I want to document them all. Once I get everyone, all ages, in bed, the house is quiet, and I have uninterrupted time, I’m too tired to think.

So, tonight…yet again…I’m freeing myself from an unrealistic expectation. 

I’m going back to perfecting rawness…yea, I made that up….just type, document, capture the moment.

2 comments:

Natalia said...

Love your posts, random, planned, whatever. And love your alliteration in titles :)

Sara said...

Yeah!! I will keep reminding myself, "perfection not necessary". It's hard, but I'm working at it and I like reading your blog and never pay attention to any imperfections. I guess I should take my own advice too and realize that I am the only one who notices when it isn't perfect :)