It's final! This girl thrives on routines. I have subbed from high school/jr. high to kindergarten four out of the past 7 days, cleaned EVERY bathroom in our house, cleaned all tile floors, done several loads of laundry and dishes, watched the wild neighbor boys, couponed, grocery shopped, made several dinners (including making dinner and spending the evening with my fabulous in-laws), wrote a Bible lesson for both a 3 year old class and a 2 year old class at church, attended a small business meeting for my Shaklee business, helped a girlfriend organize her overwhelming guest bedroom, a million other things, AND THE GRAND FINALE.....participated in a fantastic, adrenaline filled Amazing Race: Giving Spree. It was a great ending to a full week!
We were in teams of 2-3 couples. We went to a variety of places to retrieve clues and assignments for the next stop. We bought toys for a family in need, personal hygiene products for a women's shelter, sang in Wendy's, made "grass angels", took treats to a local fire station to thank them, gave a bag of food to a local food bank, played Flip Cup with apple cider, etc. It was good clean fun! Crazy driving! Fabulous company! Great memories!
Anyway...my point of writing tonight....I'm realizing how difficult it is for me to switch from working mood to my other life. I love aspects of them both! I get going full-speed in one direction then immediately stop and go the other direction. I like predictability.....SURPRISED?!?
After another fun-filled weekend (family gatherings, wedding duties, Christmas productions, etc.), I need to get caught up with the other areas of life and the crud my girl had been battling for 3 months is raring his ugly head again....another post for another day. ("Raring his head"...is that the right saying?)
Christmas is almost here!!!! Or has it technically already arrived? Enough thinking for the week, I'm out....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love that song! And baby, if you think it's cold outside, you wouldn't care much for the winter here... love you.
Got the song after watching the movie "Elf" last night....wish I could find the one with Will F.'s voice.
Wish we had a bit of your coldness, because its HOT here! Ick!
No kidding. I recently put together an iTunes playlist of my favorite Christmas music and I searched and searched for a version with Will Ferrell singing. For as goofy as he is, he has a rather pleasant voice. Oh well. I settled for the Jane Monheit and Steve Tyrell version because the guy from the Elf soundtrack seemed so cartoony.
I plowed my driveway twice today...be careful what you wish for. ;)
Post a Comment