Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Drawing a blank...

I can't even think of a good title for this post...

Rea had a fever last night and this am, so I made an appt with the Dr. because she hasn't been 100% since she was sick last month. I mean she has only slept through the night once or twice since then.

Another horrible Dr. experience without Jon...either that's the problem or I'm switching Dr. She SCREAMED and pointed to the door as soon as the nurse came in...I told the nurse why I was there...then she left. I calmed Rea down a bit with goldfish. She had a mouth full when the Dr. came in and Rea lost control again, but this time she proceeded to choke and spew smushy fish on the floor. The Dr. left to let me gain control of my child I guess. Then I see the sign that says no food or drink in the room. How the heck am I suppose to a. entertain and b. calm my food loving child down in this teeny tiny obnoxiously painted room?!?!
The Dr. comes back in and doesn't even know why we are there! WHAT? Does your crappy office staff communicate with you? So, all that and I left with NO new information....just a sweet runny nose, hacking at night little girl. (Who, by the way, is now in the 10th percentile in weight. Oh yea...we hit 20 pounds now!)

I'm home again with nothing done. Well, I guess I did get some phone calls made. I'm taking advantage of the moments to just hold my girl. I know there will come a day when I will want to hold her so badly and she won't let me. I've put her in bed because she couldn't keep her eyes open. I'm going downstairs to get something done.

I will focus on the positive and know that this is right where I'm suppose to be....even with some frustrations.

1 comment:

Vintage Baby said...

Becka, your a great mom! Don't let some doctor tell you anything different! When Ta was 10 months old our doctor who is male tried to convience me that Ta was way under weight and that we should start feeding her formula because her baby food and my breast milk just wasn't enough for her...Well, I didn't give in! Were not big people and neither was she! Is Rea getting teeth, like her molars (sp)? That could be why she's not feeling well!