Thursday, September 24, 2009

I actually considered it...

So a couple weekends ago, I was doing stuff around the house and I actually had this thought..."I could have another kid." I caught myself off guard for a second. This was the first time I've said that in 15 months. Not that I ever thought or said that we were done having kids, but I had no desire to think or plan on the next. Adapting to mommy hood has been challenging. I'm a selfish being that likes to think she has it all under control.

I even clicked on a link in a JcPenney e-mail to take a peek at baby bedding. Eek! (Isn't this
bedding cute though! Thought the little bird was sweet.)

You know I've ALWAYS been thinking about names. Just making some mental notes. Want to hear a few I've tossed around? Shhh, don't tell anyone how sick I am. I must incorporate "Bray"...my maiden name. 99.9% set on Brayden Michael for a boy. I like Braylen and Braydie for girls, but I have a cousin with a wonderful Braylen and Jon has a cousin with a fantastic boy named Brady. Brainstorming.... Braylee Joy (Lee is my mom's middle name)...Kyndell or Kendall Joy...Kennedy Joy (too presidential)...Rylee Joy...still thinking...

Enough of all that! For the record, I AM NOT PREGNANT AND I AM NOT TRYING TO BE! I love taking my little white pill every night. My whole point was to say that being Rea's mom is getting easier...life is getting easier. She communicates with me, gets herself around, discovers something new everyday. I always knew we would have more kids. I just wasn't in a crazy rush.

So, stay tuned and maybe one day this will be an announcement instead of a random thought! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest "Robert" for a boy's name. I give it my highest recommendation. I know several very successful men named Robert. "Rob" sounds good too, but less formal. If I have kids, I'm thinking about "Robert Robert." It's like Sirhan Sirhan, but without the assassination stigma.

Kim said...

Wow!! Big stuff! I don't think you're crazy. Just stay away from presidential ones:) Reagan is enough. Andrew and I call dibs on all the other ones Kennedy, Madison, Carter, Jackson, etc. JK. We can share! Go with Robert. That's a good one!

Angela said...

How exciting!!! What does the hubby think about all of this??

Becka said...

mmmm, I've been praying about the name "Robert" and I continue to get a big fat NO from God. Sorry! :(

oh oh, Kim...please do Kennedy!!!

Ang, he's on board. We usually have a very specific plan...we are those creepy planner types!