Yes, it's September and I'm blogging about July. I am on a roll now...catching up quickly. This particular weekend was filled with such great people and memories that I could not skip over it.
We went over to Lakeland with mom, Jonathon, kids and dad came up later. Julie and Nate had plans with some friends so we watched the girls Saturday night. We went to THE COOLEST park (it was even free) and dinner at Firehouse Subs. Once we were back at the house and the fireworks started , I took the kids who weren't scared of the noise outside to watch the 360 degree firework show. (Side note...I don't really like fireworks...never have...they're too loud.) Anyway, I am so glad I seized the moment! It was a "you had to be there" moment, but one I will NEVER forget. As you will see in the video below, the three big kids, Brie, Ethan, and Jaden, sat on the car in awe and excitement over the variety of fireworks. At one point, I was holding little, but so big, Ja. I marveled at his enthusiasm over the overpriced and way too loud bursts of fire. He couldn't turn his head fast enough to see the surrounding entertainment. "Look...look...woah...that was huge...I like that one...did you see that one...wow...that one is my favorite...no that one is...AWESOME...so cool...what happens if they hit the moon?" I spent the next 15 minutes watching fireworks through the eyes of a 4 year old and I will never watch them again in the same way.
I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the experience because I may never have that opportunity again. His life has been disrupted at times over the past year and there is great uncertainty where this coming year will take him. I will probably never be able to comfortably hold him in my arms and experience July 4th in the same way...priceless to me.
We went to church the next day and then celebrated Ethan's 8th birthday!!!



1 comment:
LOVE this post Beck. It was so sweet to read. Sometimes I wish that I could see more things through the eyes of a 4 year old.
Post a Comment