Monday, September 27, 2010

March 2011 Baby

In our busyness in life, I haven't blogged much about our newest little one. It's still surreal. It's hard to believe we're having another one, it's hard to believe that there is a little person inside of me, it's hard to believe this is a WHOLE NEW child and not Reagan again, etc. Folks have said after your first pregnancy, the others go faster...I'm not sure if I think that yet. Maybe it's because I'm still trying to grasp it all and since I don't "feel" pregnant. Here's the latest....
I am due March 24th. This was our ultrasound from August 23rd. I was 9 weeks or so.
This is the same day, but a 3D picture.

Here is my last one from September 13th. I was 12 weeks here.

This week I am almost 15 weeks....3.5 months and the child is the size of a navel orange (4.5 in.) I am in my second trimester and am feeling great! I never had morning sickness during the first trimester, but I was exhausted all the time and had NO motivation to do anything....hence the quiet, boring blog. It was actually quite annoying, no matter what I did, I was a bump on a log. I thrive on productivity, so now I am trying to make up for lost time. I actually think it would be fabulous if I could start the "nesting" period now and let it continue for the next 25 weeks! I have gained 5 pounds already and am looking like I'm "retaining water". Cole's description. :) It's true, I look like a girl that is eating poorly and not exercising...a serious muffin top. I know it's all part of the game!
I'm craving......FOOD...just about all kinds! Craving protein again which was the same with Rea. I haven't been able to get my mind and stomach to align yet...I think I'm just ravished and order an 8 course meal, then I take a few bites and am full. Oh well! That's my only complaint.
Rea has very little idea of what is about to hit her. I think when I start to show more, she will start to put 2 and 2 together. She will move to the old office in the next few months and her room will stay the nursery. We'll see how that goes.
Boy Name: Brayden Michael (JMA's middle name), another name I like, but won't be needed this time around because we aren't having twins...Leeland Daniel or Robert (Leeland is the name of my late-great uncle, Daniel is JMA's dad's name, and Robert is ALL over my family, but specially my dad's name and my brother's name)
Girl Name Possibilities: Kendall Joy (ruled out), Braydie Joy (ruled out), Kennedy Joy (ruled out-too presidential), Rileigh Joy, Braylee Joy (Joy is JMA's mom's name)
Any suggestions?
If it's a boy, I've eyed these two bedding sets, but I'm not sold on either...I just like that they aren't the typical animal theme that seems to be the thing everyone does.
You see, I want to keep the green part of the nursery the same and paint the pink part, so I need to keep that color in mind.
We should find out "what" our child "is" in October. I'll keep you posted! I've been planning on a gender reveal party, so you, my friend, will be the next to know.
I think this is all for now. I will try to do better with the updates.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl you are crazy! I have noticed no muffin tops on you! Silly thing. :)
We did blue/green in Cayman's room (in Raleigh). It was cute for a little boy!!
Thanks for updating us on sweet baby #3!

Alyson Moody said...

Oops - I forgot to "sign" my name...
Alyson :)

Kim said...

Can't wait to hear about the reveal party. We'll wait very patiently for you guys to fly up and reveal the gender to us personally:)

Love the name game. Why were some ruled out? Taken? Don't like? Like 'Kendall Joy (ruled out), Braydie Joy (ruled out)...'

You should totally do Kennedy! You'd have two little presidential girls running around. Who wouldn't love when Reagan and Kennedy come over for dinner!? On second thoughts, I'm glad you're not taking Andrew and I's presidential plan:)