So I think I'll take this opportunity to update the blog.
Even with my determination to keep Miss Dora out of my house, she has become a favorite! However, we have a TV out upstairs and a DVD player out downstairs, so we've had an extended break.

I'm realizing how comfortable and brave she is with water...bath and shower is a favorite.

She makes me laugh!

We got a new electric toothbrush. (While in the toothbrush aisle one day, she grabbed a Thomas the Train toothbrush, said "buy" and started walking to the register. This was funny to me because she had never asked for anything at the store before let alone discuss the word "buy")

I have been known to bribe her with extra bubbles after a trip to the park. (Don't worry...this is a natural Shaklee product without perfumes, so no fear of UTIs.) (This is her smiling, of course.)

She has a love-hate relationship with bugs. Loves to spot them, loves to watch them, loves to poke at them, loves to squish them and flush them down the toilet. Here she went and got her potty stool, so she could look for bugs out the window.

Today she totally surprised me with the sounds for m, s, d, t, p and maybe a couple others. She still only says 2 when she counts. When I asked her what her baby's name was today, she replied "2" and held up a few fingers. Here she has identified the owl and is telling me the sound it makes.

I also think we have (almost) mastered identifying genders. Tonight at dinner she told me she and I are girls and daddy and Papa are boys. Next goal...saying her name and using more words, less whining when kids annoy her!
Love her fabulous personality!
iPosted using BlogPress from my iPhone



2 comments:
YAY! Thanks for the update! She is getting to be so BIG! The polka dot shirt...Braylen has one....and it is SO CUTE! Also, Bray loves bugs also and loves to squish them.....I hate bugs so she say EWWW...as she does it! So excited she is starting to learn boys and girls and sounds....Go Rea!
I've been checking your blog for an update! So glad you did two this week! :)
Her and Cayman are doing very similar things right now! This is such a fun age!! Hope you're having as much fun as we are - it's also nice to know that you guys will be working on the same things we're working on too!! :)
Post a Comment