Friday, November 6, 2009

Blessed in the Capitol

The following are my thoughts about my trip to DC last month. I was blessed in so many ways to make the trip.

Blessed to be able to go..period...the opportunity to travel to a place I've wanted to visit for a very long time and be there to celebrate a huge accomplishment.

Blessed to be able to spend some fabulous time with a fine young lady and two remarkable young men....GAB, EWB, & JBB. I was so proud of the way they hauled their luggage through the airport...followed the signs to our gate...handled the shuttle...mastered the escalators...weaved in and out of the ATL airport...spoke politely to strangers on the plane. They are amazing... regardless of the circumstances they have been dealt at times.

Blessed to be able to fully enjoy myself...just get away from normal everyday responsibilities. Words cannot express my gratitude to my family for caring for Reagan. My SIL had her for a day and my MIL had her for a few days and she fed my husband. I didn't worry about her one time. I knew she was in the very best care.

Blessed to be able to have this experience while my husband continues with the mundane responsibilities of life. He works so hard for us EVERYDAY without a single complaint....EVER! He then cared for Rea at night.

Blessed to be in a city rich in tradition and history. Some momentous decisions and discussions have taken place there. We were fortunate to watch the presidential motorcade pass as we were standing outside a restaurant. Although I may disagree with many of his viewpoints, I still respect his position as the leader of our country. (I caught it on video, but no still shots.)

Blessed to have amazing memories. These pictures don't really do it justice...we didn't get a picture of mom and I colliding on the escalator...or dad and I raiding the dorky food store in the lobby, only to return with soup that you drink, a packaged PB&J sandwich, ice cream, a muffin, and some other random stuff, but just know the memories are cherished by this blessed girl. Try to enjoy them as much as I do!

1 comment:

Grant and Sarah Schmeelk said...

Oh my goodness....what a cool trip! Going there when I was younger didn't mean anything...now it would be SUCH A TREAT! I love my little cousins...they are wonderful and miss them so much! I am proud of Jon Boy....and we know you guys are too! While I was reading and looking at the pics....I had a rush of emotion come over me...not sure why....but I really love my family and wish I had more time for them or MADE more time for all of you. ANd then I ask myself...why did I let some valuable years get away from me! Sorry for the small breakdown but I had to relieve my emotions...ha! Love you and your family to pieces!