We have been celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday this weekend. We have family in from all over. Some girls and I went out for Julie's 30th birthday Thursday night. Jon and I hosted a dinner for everyone on Friday. I spent last week cleaning and organizing the house, so it would be comfortable for the guests staying with us (just Julie, girls, and Rob) and for the dinner guests. Brother, Rob, did all the cooking which was nice. Yesterday was the big "party" then back to our house for another gathering.
Love being with the people, love opening my home, love celebrating long life...fantastic, fabulous, good memories, etc.
A lot of cleaning and staying up too late...tired.
Julie was on her way home last night after the party and stopped at our cousin's house to pick up her dog, Daisy. Long story short....Daisy didn't come to the car when she pulled up...so she searched the property to find her hurt. Julie came back to town to take her to the vet. Daisy was put to sleep last night. She had to make these decisions with only Nate (away for training) on the phone......sad way to end the day. Feel sad for Julie and family.
Today I am in full swing again. Heading to St. Pete for a bridal shower. Should be a good time!
~~~Roller coaster of emotions the last 24 hours.~~~ Is it Monday yet? :)
Better get going...this is all the time I have to sit....
BTW, my baby is 17 months old today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Thanks for letting me stay...I had a great visit. I love being home and spending time with you.
You are so welcome! I never feel like the visit is long enough. My favorite time was dinner at mom's...enjoyed the simplicity and small crowd.
Post a Comment