Saturday, July 7, 2012

True to My Word

I've always said I wanted the pretty and the ugly things to be documented on here.

Here's an annoying moment...

We are in Tampa visiting Kels & Al.
We stayed up late to say hey. (She was at a work function.)
About 11:00, the four of us retreat to the room to go to bed.
JMA falls asleep and snoring begins in about 5 seconds.
Reagan says she can't fall asleep and is then out in 15 seconds.
Rileigh wants nothing to do with bed.
I try the "let her cry it out" method, but I'm now concerned about being rude house guests.
I pick her up, bounce her, walk her, sing to her, rock her, squeeze her, etc.
I return her to her bed a few times without success.
I do some tired, impatient mom things that I'd rather not document. Boo to me!
After what feels like 5 hours, I cover the floor with pillows and lay on the floor with her. (Side note: I've given Reagan the extra blanket already. Pillows only for us.)
She squirms like crazy on the floor in the dark room...climbs on my back, sits on my head, puts her face in my armpit, kicks my ribs....ya know, all that kind of stuff.
I guess I eventually fell asleep; however, I spent the next 6 hours being abused by my 15 month old, varying between being so hot and so cold, and realizing I really am close to 30 years old and sleeping on the floor really isn't as wonderful as it once was.
At 6:25, precious baby sits up, says something, crawls on my back to use it as a stepstool, climbs on the bed to get to her daddy, and bangs on his back to wake him.
Adrenaline starts flowing and I realize I have to get out of this condo or everyone is going to be woken up.
I grab my shoes, keys, phone, diapers, and precious baby, of course and hit the road. (Side note: Contacts would have been nice to grab.)
I find the closest Panera and head that way.
As only God can do, I "stumble" on to a really pretty area of Tampa with water on one side and beautiful homes on the other.
I thoroughly enjoyed the leisurely drive at sunrise.
I pull into Panera and precious baby falls soundly asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again, as my God can only do, I reach behind my seat and grab my Bible and Bible study book.
I proceed to have a very lovely, quiet, alone time of reading and listening to a podcast.
Just what my soul has been desiring. Here at the end of all that, I have found solitude and I still stinkin' love this one....



**No proofing when I'm blogging on the go. Sorry!
***Oh shoot! My solitude lasted too long! Panera is filling up and I have to go in there in my jammies!!! :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Natalia said...

Happiness :)

Julie said...

I Love this!!! What a great story!! :-)

Kristin Henry said...

Love this.. the ending is the best! :)