Feeling like every free thought is going towards Rea's THIRD birthday celebration. I love doing it! Love the details! Love planning things that make her happy! Love celebrating her!
However....it's a hard balance during this current season.
I have chosen a bright pastel rainbow theme based on an invite I bought off Etsy. The party will be in our backyard. I've made the guest list and this year it will be MUCH smaller. We're only having friends that Reagan asks to play/visit with or friends that pursue her. It's still so hard to narrow the list down, but otherwise things just get out of control.
Although we are down-playing the gifts at the party, I still have made a wish list of items she's been talking about. Just recently she's asked for toys/items while we're out and I've been saying "maybe for your birthday" or "we'll have to tell Mimi and Papa you want that for your birthday." Mmm, not sure what I think about this...am I teaching her the right attitude to have?
I enjoy looking back over these lists to see what she's interested in from year to year.
- Play-doh toys
- Leap Frog: Math Circus DVD
- Anything Color Wonder
- Puzzles (greater than 25 pieces)
- Matchbox-type cars (we bought her a carpet city)
- Hair bows/flowers/ribbons (this is my wish...not hers)
- Just about anything Melissa & Doug
- Raincoat, water boots, and umbrella
- Leap Frog Tag Jr. books.
- Train set pieces
- Outside toys/bubbles/water fun/yard toys
- Sand & water table (Mimi & Pops already got it...she's been asking me what's in the box since it arrived in our garage)
Back to getting things done...more to follow of course.



2 comments:
Looking forward to Monday! :-)
I read this post to Abigail and she wants to get Rea everything on the gift list to "surprise her, because she would be so happy!" LOL
We're not - but thought it was a great thought anyway! :-)
Shoot Julie, I wanted to give her everything on this list because those are all fun things!!!!
Post a Comment